HUMAN HAIR WIG OR SYNTHETIC?
Which is right for you? Maybe both. Human Hair and Synthetic Hair have advantages and limitations which make them the right choice at different times. Both are great choices for you depending on your budget, time and needs. Optimally, you will choose to have both on hand as they each have their pluses! Here are the facts so you can know what circumstance is most beneficial for each.
Human Hair offers the most natural look and feel. It is naturally soft, with a shine and natural movement not easily duplicated in synthetic hair. It is also extremely versatile: human hair can be cut and styled to suit exactly your personal taste, while synthetic hair can be gnarly and hard to control. And, while it is the more expensive pick, with proper care it is also more durable than synthetic hair.
Four major types of human hair are commonly used in wigs: Filipino, Chinese, Indonesian, Indian, and European.
- Most available wigs are made from Asian hair. Chinese hair has a thicker denier (unit of fineness) than the others, which makes the hair extremely straight and heavy, more resistant to curling, and therefore harder to style; hence its low price point.
- Indonesian hair is found even in greater supply, and is even also quite cheap—it can often be found in ethnic style wigs. Indonesian Hair is slightly finer than Chinese hair.
- Indian hair has thinner denier—closer to that of European hair, but with a bit more texture and it is heavier.
- European hair is the most sought-after for its fine denier and original coloring, but due to its limited supply in the marketplace, it is more expensive than the rest.
- Filipino hair has thicker shaft and tighter cuticle which means that the hair is durable enough to withstand repeated heat treatments and coloring, unlike other sources of hair.
For our LUXURY COLLECTION we select only the best quality human hair and uses only two kinds of hair for Human Hair wigs:
- HEADS Premium European Human Hair. Our exclusive European Hair Luxury Wigs are made from 100% European human Remy hair. ‘Remy’ means cuticle-correct hair from ponytails. With more than 140 years of experience in Human Hair products in Europe, our mother brand, BERGMANN has unmatched access to premium-quality European Remy Human Hair that made every HEADS Human Hair wig simply beautiful to represent the highest quality standards.
- HEADS Premium Processed Human Hair. Our second Top-Selling Human Hair option is made out Processed Human Hair. We use hair with slightly heavier denier and we treat the cuticle with a BERGMANN patented process. Therefore, this hair has the type of fine, silky texture our clients love. The result is a Human Hair which comes closest to the European Remy Human Hair quality but with a price advantage for our clients. There fore this Human Hair option is our Top-Selling Human hair quality..
If you are a professional stylist and you have your own Human Hair in stock, HEADS can also produce for you our finest quality products with the hair you provide us.
Human hair is by far the superior choice if the most natural look is desired in a wig. Other than price, its main drawback is its required frequency of maintenance, as with natural hair. For many, however, daily styling is preferable, as it allows for more control over the appearance of a wig, as well as the regularity of the daily hair styling ritual we must follow with natural hair. So keep in mind that our Human Hair wigs do not come out of the box, ready to wear—you may choose to have it styled and colored by a professional stylist to give it exactly the appearance you like.
Benefits summary of Human Hair wigs:
- Exclusive, beautiful, most natural look
- Hair can be styled individually with a curling iron, hair-dryer or blow-dryer
- Hair can be dyed
- High durability
Synthetic hair wigs by HEADS are made of high-quality synthetic fiber and are virtually indistinguishable from human hair, thanks to modern technology and the results of extensive research and development performed by team of professionals and experts.
The decisive advantages of synthetic wigs is that they require comparatively little maintenance and that their preformed hairstyles and textures (curly, straight, etc.) are retained after each hair-wash and every other situation you are in, hence do not require time-consuming styling. In addition, synthetic hair wigs are available in a large choice of hairstyles and colors.
However, to retain the wig’s shape and silky shine for a long time, proper care with the Care Series is important. The detailed care instructions for synthetic hair will help you.
However, what synthetic hair offers in ease, it lacks in versatility. It cannot be styled in many different ways like its human hair counterparts can. Synthetic hair is also less durable than human hair: with proper care you can expect synthetic hair wigs and hairpieces to last about 6 months. It is important to follow our care recommendations to get the optimal life span from your wig.
For example, most synthetic hair does not tolerate heat. So avoid exposing your wig to heat:
- Exercise caution when opening an oven or cooking on a stovetop.
- Avoid contact with steam from boiling water.
- Do not use a hot hair dryer or curling iron to style your wig.
- Do not wear your wig in saunas or hot baths.
- Keep your wig away from radiators, baseboard heating, furnaces, boilers and other common household heat sources.
Yet the limited versatility of synthetic hair becomes less of a consideration when you factor in its affordability. You may choose to have a wide variety of styles on hand and ready-to-wear!
Benefits summary of Synthetic Hair:
- Easier care
- Ready-to-Wear: wigs are pre-cut and pre-styled
- Large hair style and color selection
- No time-consuming styling after every wash
- Lower cost